painter and artisan. Was a pupil of Kolo Moser and founded the Vienna Mosaic Workshop in 1908. After 1918 the company in Stockerau was run as a studio for fine glass, mosaic and enamel. Was a member of the Wiener Werkstätte and of the Österreichischer Werkbund. Among other projects, F. made mosaics for the Church Am Steinhof (by Otto Wagner) and for Josef Hoffmann (Stoclet Palace in Brussels and Villa Ast in the 19th district of Vienna).